- I have naturally curly hair that I am TOTALLY in. love. with!
- It took me a long time to know that I ALWAYS spelled the word "especally" WRONG!!! I kept forgetting the "i".
- I have been married 13 years and plan to be married (to the same man) for another 13 and then another 13 after that!
- I have had the same best friend since birth...no lie....we have NEVER been in a fight.
- I have 3 beautiful children that I am in love with
- I had all three of them by c-section b/c they were HUGE....10.7, 9.something and then 9.
- Both of my boys have the same middle name. ALAN. After their dad. My SIL thinks that's wierd.
- My little girl is named after my mama and my best friend......
- I get off track easily. See #7 & #8...not about me!
- I secretly love the fact that my moma and I fight like cats and dogs sometimes...ALOT....and we are over it and on the next topic with our next breath.
- I am going to TEXAS next week....to visit my best friend.
- I have never been on a LARGE plane.....
- Next week I am flyin to TEXAS on a large plane
- I only drink FLAVORED coffee
- I don't hate anyone...
- I don't care much for some
- I have one brother.......
- and he has an AWESOME wife which gives me an awesome SIL
- and they gave me a beautiful, sweet, cute, cuddly, heartstealing nephew
- I love myself....ALOT
- I can wear really high wedges but not really high heels.
- My daddy can do anything.
- Alabama is the fartherest west I have ever been
- but I am going to TEXAS next week!!!
- I have been to OHIO.
- I love the beach and the salt water is my favorite.
- I am one of the greatest cooks EVER! Period. Just ask anyone that knows me. My moma is the the other. Period. Just ask anyone that knows her.
- I can also do floral design...and I rock that too!
- I have a new camera that I am TRYIN to rock, also.
- I love to quilt.
- and crochet
- and sew
- I homeschool my kids.
- I love to go camping.
- I can not stand bone chillin cold weather!
- I love the hot summers
- but I hate the gnats (which makes #15 somewhat untrue) but those are things so #15 IS true!
- I believe Whitney Houston went to heaven
- I believe in God.
- I actually enjoy going to church....and I pay attention when I am there.
- I have never been drunk.
- I say "I don't drink" but I occasionally drink wine (like once every 6 months) and some ppl have blown that straight to H*** and back!
- I AM NOT an animal lover........but I do like cats.....b/c they don't jump on you and lick you!
- Peaches are my favorite.....
- and strawberries....
- and bananas
- I make a mean pound cake that was renamed a "ton cake" by my best freind.
- I went scalloping for the first time last year.
- I have a great big, wonderful but scary, crazy family and I wouldn't trade any of them for anything....even Sandra!
- My favorite color is purple
- and grey
- and pink
- and blue
- and green.
- I really like the Olive Garden
- I have worn the same Merle Norman makeup since high school.
- I have 11 chicken that finally started laying eggs.......but only four of them!
- My favorite car is a mini van.
- I am very "choosy" about my friends.
- I DO NOT LIKE DRAMA and I don't tolerate it very well!
- I worry more than I should.
- I love livin in the south.
- I don't care that I'm not and never will be rich......not on this earth anyway.
- I told my kids that I am santa clause and they didn't believe me!
- But said it's okay if I'm the tooth fairy as long as I leave money.
- I love love love good, thick buttermilk. YUM!
- I would love to go back and live in the "olden days".
- I have recurring dreams about alligators.
- I have 63 blueberry bushes in my backyard.
- I am somewhat addicted to PINTREST
- and I have made several things from there.
- I hated high school.
- Sweet Tea is my most absolute favorite drink...In. The. World. It's my alcohol!
- and sometimes I like Mt. Dew. In a can. Early in the morning.
- Or an ice cold Pepsi. In a can.
- I eat meat but the thoughts of a slaughterhouse make me cringe.
- I like to visit the city but could not live there.
- I learned a long time ago to not say NEVER.
- I got a stronger faith in God after I had kids.
- I am only ticklish on each side of my spine........BAD!
- I am stuck on grey t-shirts
- and black capris.
- Crocs are pretty much all I wear in the summer.
- and, I'm going to TEXAS next week!!!!
- When I first met my husband, I said I would NEVER marry anyone like him.
- I also broke up with a guy once b/c he said his wife would stay home and have babies......I also said I would NEVER do that.....
- Did I mention I said a long time ago that I would NEVER homeschool my kids? I said that too.
- I listen to allllll kinds of music.
- I don't like mexican food.
- I almost always only wear a wedding band...I'm not big on jewelry.
- I have BAD grey hair!
- I am 34 and 11/12ths years old. I'd rather be old than dead.
- I love to laugh.....and I snort when I laugh hard.....and that makes me laugh harder and that makes me honk like a goose!
- I think I'm funny.
- I have only had ONE cavity in my life! and that's good b/c I get anxious about goin to the dentist.
- I am not a late sleeper.
- I don't mind cleaning toilets.
- I LOVE a clean house! Especially if all the clothes are done!
- I make my own laundry soap.
- Shopping is not my favorite thing to do.
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
I am actually tired of thinking about things to say about myself....but it was fun....you should try it. I think if I thought about it, I could name 100 more...maybe next week......after I get back from TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thursday, January 26, 2012
These pictures aren't the best because I hijacked them from my facebook but I didn't want to put another post on here without pictures! The one below is hilarious! My favorite boys. And for the record, my boys decorated their own faces and studmuffins mama did his :) Again, I wanna squeeze him!
and the picture below is Lizard Lick Towing.......Wyatt said "You ain't taking my truck!"
p.s. they didn't drive around with him in there :)
This was taken on a very cold nite (we've not had many of those at all this year) and the girls were up visiting on the back porch while we were grilling (chicken nonetheless) and they stayed a little too late and had to roost on the baker's rack. Funny girls!
One Saturday, the boys (map, Jake and Ben) decided to go fishing with Mitchell (map's dad).
I was a little bored so I decided to make a german chocolate cake (from scratch) and get my dad to help me tear out a part of the laundry room so I could add some shelving for storage........halfway through, this is what happened :( yeah, I felt like a dog! He pushed a board AND his finger into a table SAW! Shatterd the bone on the tip and just messed it up pretty bad. Went to the e.r. but there was nothing they could do....just wait.....and let it heal.....Saturday will be 4 weeks and it's still healing....
One of the best things about living in the country is that you learn to do really cool stuff at a young age......like learning to drive pa's new tractor :)
and here's Ben with pa......the beginner :)
here we have a picture that makes me smile everytime I look at it :) I booked my and Map's flight to Texas to go see Christy. OMG! I can't believe I am FLYING to TEXAS!!! In March......only 34 days away! I am SOOOOOO excited...we all are! I have never been on a large plane (but always wanted to), I have never been any further west than the Alabama line, I have never been away from my kids for four days..........my goodness! This is gonna be another busy and AWESOME year!!! Did I mention how excited I am!?
also, I'm havin another craving for some homemade cinnamon rolls........
AND SWEET TEA with lemon?
and I forgot to mention how crazy the weather is! I saw a picture on facebook where Calhoun's strawberries are ALREADY being picked!!! They're usually not ready until mid to late March!!! What's up with that!?
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Boy am I ever happy for December to be outta here! Now things can get back to normal....if there is such a thing around here.
December was a whirlwind. We finished up our homeschool group for the year by makin ginger bread houses. That nite my mother in law was admitted into the hospital in Ocilla and then later that nite she was taken to Albany to Phoebe Putney. She had become septic and was in and out of it....she couldn't really respond too much and was fightin a tough battle....Michael went to be with her everyday after work for two straight weeks and I tried to go most of those days....she passed away on December 17th...the last people that were with her before she went were her son, daughter and ex husband.....she wouldn't have wanted it any other way.....I truely believe she was waiting on Mitchell (her ex-husband) to come see her. Their life story is long and bittersweet. Ms. Sue was laid to rest on December 20th and I never thought we were anywhere close to having to say goodbye to any of our parents...so many things about life are so unexpected.
They only sure and expected thing is that she has no more problems that she suffered with (but never complained about) here on earth :) Ms. Sue had a very strong faith in God and she knew her day was comin and it did :)
In between all of that, we had Ben's 8th!!! birthday and then many of our Christmas gatherings.
Then two days before New Year's Eve, Ben got sick.....and has been sick ever since!!! He has thrown up more the last week than he has his whole life and has gotten dehydrated. We've been doin everything possible to not have to put him in the hospital! It's been aweful and I feel so bad for him but I think maybe we are turning around today :) keep your fingers crossed!
Anyway, Happy New Year!
Confirmed our BEACH reservations for May and July on this COLD BLISTERING day!!!
Now that makes us happy!!!
Thursday, December 8, 2011
Again I say, I can't believe it's been almost two months since my last post! Guess you can see we've been busy. Just as Thanksgiving rolls around, so does the hustle and bustle for us. We get our house decorated for Christmas, finish off our homeschool group for the year, then it's time for Ben's birthday and all the family gatherings....next thing you know, BAM! it's January 1st! Where does the time go?
MAP and I have a 13 year anni comin up and I am so proud of us for what we have done in those 13 years. In those 13 years, we had 3 kids, celebrated 48 birthdays in our little family, taken some 5 dozen or so trips, called for an ambulance 3 times, buried 1 dog and numerous cats....anyway, you get the picture.....we've survived! This picture was taken at my best friends wedding.....the absolute BEST picture we have EVER taken!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Here are the babes wrapping up the summer with a little competetive hay bale jumping ; )
This is a fall festival that we went to at the park in Sylvester. It was hosted by my aunt and uncle's church. There were all sorts of games and bouncy things for the kids to have fun with.
Uncle Robert cookin up some meats...sausage and deer, dogs and burgers.
The babes are in the middle here at the cake/cupcake walk. Almost everyone had a chance to get something b/c they were handing out single cupcakes...and they were good! A lot of them were homemade.
Don't these look so pretty? I think they were strawberry.
This is a funny picture b/c little does he know but the one in the green there is about to get the crap beat out of him by that pretty little blue eyed sweetie......
See? told ya! Out of six tries, he knocked her down once......what can I say, I taught her right! And she was quiet happy about it as you can see.
I found this here little pretty at wal-mart. I actually went to Lowes and bought a variety of colors. These really help me get through the winter when I look out and everything else is dead. I just can't understand how these delicate little beauties can survive even the harshest winters...including being covered by SNOW!!!
Even bigger selection of colors......so pretty
We even got a call one morning from my sister in law that got a call from my brother sayin the Barnum and Bailey circus train was comin through Cordele headed our way. I told the kids and we jumped in the car and headed off to an old dirt road not far from home......and within 30 minutes, the train was barreling down the tracks headed our way!!!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Yeah yeah, I know this was taken on our campin' trip to the lake a week ago and I really like it so I decided I'd save it and use it for my 4th week photo. ONE WHOLE MONTH OF MY GOAL!!! YAY!!
I know it's crazy but even after all of these family photos, I still have trouble getting the self timer right! and Jake almost got cut out of this shot! Ben and I had the craziest looks on our faces but we were havin' FUN!
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
This is my second favorite. Ben and Rivers always race to the camera after it snaps to see if we got a good picture and she got a little snap happy this time. She beat the bell and took off before it snapped completely! I love it because she is so excited and she knows that she beat Ben to it...this time :)
Well, I thought I was gonna get to post a few more times before now but even while we were at the lake, there was a lot goin on......well, actually the kids were here and there and everywhere! Even at the lake I'm that "paranoid freak of a mom". Unless they were on their bikes all three together ridin' the loop, either Michael or I were right on their trails :) and let me tell you, they didn't slow down!!!
Of all the campgrounds I've been to, this is the prettiest to me....the others we go to are at the beach and they don't have to be pretty cause you don't stay at the campground whilst you are at the beach!!! Anywho, all you want to do at this one is just sit around the campfire...unless of course if you are a kid and then all you wanna do is run around everywhere and make your mama crazy wonderin where you are!
but of course ridin bikes really fast around the curve we stayed on is really fun too!!!
even the little miss got in on the fast action!
and the fact that they make them wear helmets makes me feel a little better...especially when they are racin around with all the other 100's of kids that are there.....and especially since we had just taken a trip tp the e.r. the nite before because one of the seats in my car locked down on Ben's fingers and almost chopped them off!!! The only thing he was worried about while we were tryin to free his fingers was that he may not get to go camping and fishing at the lake!!! I promised him right then that even if they were broken we would still go!!! Luckily and by the grace of God they were fine and we ended up leaving the hospital before we were even seen!!!
This was our lunch after MAP got there on Friday. The kids were excited b/c he took off 1/2 a day from work. So we picnicked even though it said DON'T.....cause that's how we roll :)
As you can easily see, Ben's fingers were fine! And it happened to be his right "reeling in" hand/fingers that got smashed.
and just FYI, this is the BEST SALSA I HAVE AND WILL EVER HAVE EATEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE (yeah, it is worth alllll caps!!!) so go get you some!!! look for it on the mexican food isle. SO GOOD!!!
little miss "camera hog"
and just so you all don't think I really just overlook all the rules (like picnicking where it says DON'T), this is what the other side of that sign read :) that picnicking spot was just for us campers :)
They even moved the playground at the campground, and added a few new things like this twirly bird of a thingamajig? You could make it spin all by yourself but after Rivs got off, MAP and I gave Jake a little spin :) he was beggin for mercy!!! hahaha!